These reasons are not in any particular order.
- I needed motivation and inspiration, and thought I might as well pass it on when it came in the hopes that it would bless others as well
- There doesn’t seem to be a niche for what I am specifically writing about, although I hope I’m wrong about that (send me the link to your blog!)
- I have a lot of time to think right now. A lot
- Reaching out into the blog community helps me to be more accountable to myself for my thoughts and purpose :]
- It’s fun
- I kind of wanted to see if I can actually stick with it
- I wanted to practice articulating my thoughts
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you decided to challenge your own self-concept? What would it look like to put all reservations aside and vigorously explore how life’s purpose calls us to honor each moment? Has anyone even done that before? Feeling called to a greater depth of honesty in my life, I thought I should start a project. However, being bedridden with morning sickness and randomly puking my brains out does not lend itself to a huge variety of projects I can actually do. I peered down into the crooked depths of my rich and ragged heart and decided that this process needs to be approached gently. Otherwise I should be expected to wreak havoc not only on myself but on my husband and probably lots of other random people! So I plant myself not too far from the bathroom and begin to write. What ensues is a series of thought-experiments, reflections, and stories that I hope will encourage and inspire others on a similar journey of self-discovery, or to at least entertain those who have never even considered it. All I can say to myself about this process is: expect the unexpected.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa
To be contagious, to live in a way that is irresistible, can that be practiced? Can that be planned? How can a nauseous, bed-ridden pregnant 20-something experience life to the fullest? We are about to find out.
driving into the sunset